Sleepy Hollow

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010

And now for a brief interruption from our regular programming…I have the blog version of a siesta, likely more for me than it is for you. The crew all piled into the car one late March Sunday morning for the foggy drive to sleepy (well, in winter anyway) Harrison, a small hot spring town on the lake. I’m kind of a sucker for Sunday brunch buffets, and the Harrison Hot Spring Hotel was rumoured to have a good one. While we sipped, dined, and savoured (for the most part – I did try one salad that replicated the taste of barf), we enjoyed a lovely view of the lake below. After our dining experience, we wandered slowly along the beach and breathed in the damp spring air. Aaaaaah.

IMG_0254

IMG_0253

IMG_0251

IMG_0249

Did I also mention I’ve been chasing rainbows lately? Seriously, one night I headed out towards the Matsqui flats pursuing the end of a rainbow…but by the time I reached the highway, it disappeared. Given the amount of rain we have this time of year, another is never far behind. I lucked out one night after returning home from work as one appeared over the park beside my house.

IMG_0260

More adventure in the next blog – Marty and I spent our Easter in Osoyoos. It will add a little bit of desert and a mischievous fox into your day. Confused yet? You will be.

0 comments: