Rummy

>> Monday, December 25, 2006

HO HO HO! Who just had Chinese food for Christmas dinner? Moi! It was très delicious. It also happened to be the only restaurant in town that was open. Heathens! Or not.

First off, it's Christmas! Wheee! We had stockings!

IMG_1352

IMG_1354

They were filled with nice things from conditioner to chocolate, from t-shirts to jewellery, and from magazine subscriptions to comic book gift certificates. Best of every world!

Oh! And look at the lovely gift I received from my boss at work.

IMG_1353

Before we headed out for our adventure yesterday, Marty decided to finish up the Christmas dinner from the night before with my Aunt.

IMG_1356

Since we are mostly family-less this Christmas the big M and I decided to head over to the 'Couv for the holiday. So we packed up, and headed out to Surrey to board the Skytrain to take us to our final destination, the Pan Pacific Hotel.

IMG_1360

It was super-rainy, but we managed to make it from the train to the hotel without getting too soppy. Once we checked in, we were pleased to board the elevator and discover that today was Sunday.

IMG_1362

As soon as we busted into the room, I was itching to open presents, so we did!

IMG_1364

Some good stuff. I got Marty an iPod and some shirts and some chocolate and some Baileys, and he got me a Vivienne Westwood Scarf, some jewellery, some other things, and some Malibu Rum. In the aftermath of the goods, I decided to take some other pictures of our room and the vicinity.

IMG_1366

IMG_1367

IMG_1370

IMG_1394

IMG_1368

IMG_1395

So we had this master plan that we were going to go to Aqua Riva beside the hotel for dinner…well, the day before, I found it was going to be closed. No biggie, I thought. Well, I was wrong. DEAD wrong.

IMG_1349

So, instead, we grabbed the umbrella, and wandered around downtown Vancouver until we were semi-soaked through, and finally stumbled upon this random restaurant called the Copper Chimney in the Le Soleil Hotel.

IMG_1371

IMG_1372

IMG_1373

The steak was very delicious...mmm. It just seemed really random, but at least we were fed. We were going to maybe head over to the fancy-schmantzy buffet at our hotel, but it was a modest $105 per person. No big deal. We substantially saved with our $29 steaks.

Heading back to our hotel, we went exploring. We were going to go swimming, but there were these dimwits in the Jacuzzi that seemed to be clearly in a state of inebriation, so we decided to do more explorations.

IMG_1374
Oooh, outdoor pool on Christmas! No big deal indeed!

We tried to peep in on the $105 buffet, but all I could manage was photos from across the lobby.

IMG_1375

IMG_1378

We wandered through the closed shops area…

IMG_1379
(Ceiling)

IMG_1380

...then we headed down to the Convention Centre level and found these little Christmas displays from the outside. There were tons of these really creepy elf characters, and I found one that looked like Mugatu!

IMG_1384

IMG_1388

IMG_1390

Then it was back to the room for a little rest, relaxation, and comic book-reading…

IMG_1391

IMG_1392
…and a bit of rum drinking. (At least it was meant to be only a bit.)

IMG_1393

Um…well, it all started out harmless enough, and, I mean, I didn't get drunk or anything, so…well, I mean, I was up a bit in the middle of the night feeling a little queasy, but I promise, no throwing up or anything. But, enough about that. Really. Okay! Moving on…

This morning seemed promising enough with a little bit of sun, but we checked out pretty early since we realized that if we wanted any food, we'd have to head home since everything would be closed. Unless, of course, we wanted bacon and eggs from the hotel for $18.

IMG_1396

IMG_1397

Which brings us to now. I'm trying in vain to get some reading done, but oh! So struggilicious. Anyways, I hope you all have had amazing Christmases, and all that jazziness. Be safe and be good.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

IMG_1398

0 comments: