Don't Rain on My Parade

>> Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bonjour mes amies! Or should I say, "Happy Erin's Birthday Boxing Day"! Yes, I call today my boxing day. It only makes sense, really, with all the gifts I got yesterday...something needs to be done with the boxes.

Since Christmas is only five days away, I decided to get into the spirt and post some shots of that major snow wingding we had at the beginning of December. It's all gone now, which is why I can enjoy the pictures now.

IMG_1179

IMG_1180

IMG_1183

IMG_1181

Whee! Wasn't that fun...now as long as that never comes around again, we will be happy campers.

On Sunday, we did some pre-birthday celebratories! My aunt had to work on my actual birthday, so we all piled into the car and headed out to Chilliwack for the day.

IMG_1273

IMG_1275

We went for a 6K stroll along the Chilliwack river, filled with delicious smells of rotting fish and poop.

IMG_1276

IMG_1277
This is a photo of the accused in question.

IMG_1278

IMG_1279

IMG_1280

IMG_1287
Your friend and mine, a baldie.

IMG_1288

IMG_1289

And, before I forget to mention, I did manage to also step into some horse poop which became evident upon re-entering the car and my aunt turning on the floor heating fan. Mmm! And I worked so hard to dodge the dang things.

After that, it was time to head off for din-din, which was at a Chilliwack restaurant called Jackson's.

IMG_1290

IMG_1292

IMG_1295

IMG_1298
(Someone in this photo looks a bit like death.)

IMG_1300
This was my free birthday dessert. Or should I say, dessert of the night - number one.

The restaurant was decent, but the table was strangely narrow and they sat us right near the bathrooms. And our waiter was this little imp-ish man who was someone biting in his remarks. And they cut up my steak for me. Interesting.

After stuffing ourselves, we headed out to see the Minter Gardens light display which was, coincidentally, not at Minter Gardens! (And really, why would it be?) We drove to Minter Gardens only find it was closed for the season. No redirection to the appropriate spot, nothing. Nada. So we drove down some streets looking for light displays.

IMG_1302

IMG_1303

We ventured on, and eventually called someone who knew where the display was...it was at the OTHER Minter Gardens. Apparently there is two. Maybe everyone knows that. Maybe we just didn't.

IMG_1306

IMG_1308
This is supposed to be Dorothy and the yellow-brick road.

IMG_1314
This excessively blurry shot is the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion.

IMG_1310

IMG_1313
Nessie!

IMG_1309

IMG_1315

IMG_1316
Snow White...looking like a blow-up doll and not at all impressed by you.

IMG_1318

IMG_1319

IMG_1320

After our very pretty ride throught the lights, we headed back to the 'Ford and my aunt dragged me to White Spot for more dessert.

IMG_1322
Okay, maybe not dragged, but I sure could have done without it. Bleeeeech. After that I felt sick. I still kind of do, but that could also be all the crap I've eaten since. I'm not sure.

To mark the occasion of turning 24, I took a self-portrait to always commemorate these awkward transition days. I think it captures my best feature. (The blurriness is deliberate.)

IMG_1323
Aren't those socks so, like, best?! I know. I bought them especially for Japan, but I just couldn't wait!

So that's it. Freakin' 24. Yesterday was the actual day, but I just went for dinner to Restaurant 62 and did some Winner's shopping. I'm still waiting for some more presents to come in (you know who you are) and then I'll be happy. Actually, I'm not waiting for any more presents. I, um, just wanted to sound greedy? Uh, I think it's time to go back to work and stop dawdling my lunch away. Plus, this commentary is no longer relevant. ANYWAY, pip pip, cheers to all, and have yourselves some holly jollies, mmmkay?

0 comments: