Paraiso

>> Tuesday, March 31, 2009

With the parental units out visiting and a beauteous sunny day shining above, on Sunday we decided to head to the glorious ocean to bask in the warm rays and breezy air. What sort of things did we encounter, you ask? Oh so many things…c’mon, I’ll show ya!

IMG_0255

Our journey to the sea took us along the road known only as “0 Avenue” which is the road that runs alongside the ditch that separates the US from Canada. Whee!

IMG_0260

IMG_0264

IMG_0266

IMG_0269

Rolling in at the beach, there were a whole lot of people and even a few palm trees to greet us.

IMG_0271

IMG_0272

IMG_0273

IMG_0275

We strolled along the side of the beach and down the boardwalk to partake in a favourite pastime, people-watching.

IMG_0276

IMG_0277

IMG_0278
The aliens have landed.

IMG_0279

IMG_0280

I know it is a stereotype that tourists from Asia constantly have a camera extended from their arms at all times, but I found this particularly true along the boardwalk. Some lady nearly ran into me (lack of peripheral vision) after I took the above picture with her arms extended like a zombie, camera clicking away. Maybe they don’t have seagulls where she is from.

IMG_0281
I call this one “Weather and weathered”.

IMG_0283
These guys were a hearty, heckling crew. They just kept knocking them back amid the raucousness.

IMG_0288

IMG_0291

I joined Marty at the side of the boardwalk and noticed there were a group of boys on the sand below arguing. Since they were young, dumb, and swearing, I knew at least one was going to make it in the water so I whipped out my camera. Both knobs ended up fully immersed.

IMG_0292

IMG_0293

The men in the sailboat above just heckled them to which the kids responded with swears. I thought it a bit awkward. Turns out cell phones and cigarettes were destroyed and keys were lost in the water. Dummies.

IMG_0295

IMG_0296
Velociraptor tracks.

IMG_0297

IMG_0298
And off the hecklers sailed…into the deep blue.

On the way back to the car, we passed down by the shops and the ratty-looking Shinjuku restaurant. If I can’t go to the Tokyo Shinjuku, I can always go here I guess.

IMG_0302

Given the sun, sand, and surf, I think I can say spring is here…YAY!

IMG_0301

0 comments: