The Funky Bunch

>> Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life was back to normal after my Ottawa and Montreal adventures as I focused on studying for my exam (which I passed, yay!) and catching up on the work I missed when I was away. Most of June was quiet until one day some visitors arrived from Manitoba – Dan and Lori. For the most part, they toiled away in the wilderness, camping and such, but they did spend a few days at our house and we squeezed in a brief Vancouver adventure on our way to dropping them off the night before their flight.

We decided to take in the beach at Spanish Banks; turns out it was International Surf Day and there was a free BBQ, of which our guests partook.

09_1

09_2

09_3

After a delicious dinner at Las Margaritas (ignoring that they had just had BBQ at the beach), we headed down to Richmond to check out the night market.

09_4

09_5

09_7

And, of course, the night market staple, fake tokidoki backpacks.

09_8

09_9
This delicious friend is a waffle filled with chocolate cream and nutella. It’s a must-try.

09_10
The entertainment at the night market is always first-class. I was there again this last weekend and some five-year-old boy singing about how he was sorry he did wrong, he loves you and wants you back. Did I mention he was five?! There was another guy there one time who thought he was an Asian Ricky Martin, thrusting his pelvis all over the place. It is always amusing.

09_11

We headed back to the car along the river and encountered a friend wearing my favourite colours – black and white. Turns out he was certainly not our friend. He didn’t unleash his hideous stench upon us but he heebie-jeebied me out nonetheless.

0 comments: