My Precious

>> Sunday, April 18, 2010

Now that the Leica is mine (ALL MINE!! *graahhhhhssnsnsnsnrooooah* - I’m trying to make troll noises, btw), all I could do was use it. This meant taking pictures of the mundane, and since I took them, I might as well share them here. Though the camera is sophisticated and capable, I, unfortunately, am not so much. So…the pictures in this blog will look much like any others (including those taken with my iPhone.) Ha…ha? I still have much reading in the user guide to do.

So one random weekend, we went to a mall in Richmond. I like to spend money on my weekends and I toted the baby along.

L1000184
Yeah, nothing much to see here. And the ‘Plenty’ bag is Marty’s – he was spending the paper that day.

Then we went to another mall in Richmond for the sole purpose of me nom-nom-ing a crepe. Oh mazazu crepe…you are my saving grace.

L1000186

L1000189

L1000188
There is nothing so tasty as a piece of cheesecake jammed into a crepe with some whipped cream, strawberries and custard. I kind of turn into a barbarian with this in my hand…just sauce and shit everywhere.

L1000190

As I was armed with my new BFF, I made Marty drive me into White Rock on the way home so I could test it out in some low evening lights. Needless to say, it was perfectly capable.

L1000199

L1000200

L1000201

L1000202

L1000203

L1000204

L1000209

L1000214

L1000216

L1000220

Not to shabbs, hey? I’m not professing to be a pro over here anyway.

The next day I went shopping with my then-preggo friend Rachel. Though she was nearly a month away, I contend she doesn’t look even close to that.

L1000226

That night, my family crew (the BC version) and I headed out for one of our nights of dessert at ABC. I’m really grabbing every opportunity here for a photo op, can you tell?

L1000228
The remnants of a Hot Fudge Mount Baker.

L1000229
The kids, horsing around in the parking lot. They didn’t want their picture taken, but I didn’t care, obviously. I mean, what is Matthew pointing at? He was just trying to turn away from the camera. I’m not offended.

So that’s my inaugural camera blog. How’d I do? Don’t answer that.

Next up is another adventure with Jean, but our last free one. I can’t believe we’ll have to start paying, you know, money to do stuff.

1 comments:

Jen May 31, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Leica pictures = infinitely better than iPhone pictures.
Especially of things like crepes and ice cream cakes. Mmmmm!