Shaped Hole

>> Monday, April 12, 2010

Yukimi is a super-fun and totally cute girl from Japan, who we happen to be lucky enough to know. She’s been out studying for nearly a year, but me, like a bum, hasn’t made nearly enough time to hang out. There always seemed to be several months available yet to hang out, and yet they quickly slipped away and before we knew it, it was only weeks until departure. I’m sorry Yukimi! But the adventures we did have were always filled with smiles and laughter. Janelle organized an outing on the Monday of Easter long weekend for us to venture into Vancouver and try to show her a good time, one last time.

IMG_0271

We dined first at the mediocre restaurant in the otherwise fantastic chain, Benkei ramen. Despite cold, clumpy noodles, we had some nice chats.

IMG_0272

Apparently I loved Maplewood Farms from two weeks ago and I suggested it as a destination – so I guess we are heading back onto the yuppie farm. Today at least it wasn’t so busy since the yuppies had likely retreated to their condos in Tofino for the weekend.

Not much has changed since I visited the farm last…except that the giant parrot now talks like my Grandma H.

IMG_0273

IMG_0274

IMG_0275

After the farmventures (my new words, btw), we headed into Gastown to engage in the age-old tradition of souvenir shopping and searching for a proper toilet. The souvenir shopping was, of course, not for me, but I sure did have a heck of a fun time digging through all the now-passé Olympic gear and furry native things.

IMG_0276

IMG_0277
It’s so hard to get a picture of the damn thing alone.

I was on the hunt for boots…I had it in my head I needed a good pair of knee-high boots and now that it was nearly spring, my search was highly unfruitful. This brought us up to west 4th, where I was sure there would be shoes for the taking. There wasn’t, but we did end up getting to eat at Las Margaritas, so all was not lost.

IMG_0278

Yukimi has now gone, but she is not forgotten. As I like to put it, there is a Yukimi-sized hole in Canada that can’t be filled. She shouted, “Don’t let me go Canada!” Ha ha ha. I love you Yukimi. We’ll be seeing her very soon though, when I go to fill the Erin-sized hole I leave in Japan when I’m not there.

Okay, enough of these iPhone blogs…though they certainly are more handy to execute. Like I mentioned in Osoyoos, I bought a new camera and it has finally arrived and is now in my sweaty, desperate clutches. Until next time!

IMG_0280

1 comments:

Anonymous May 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

hey!!lovely Erin!
Thank you so much for your soooooo nice words for me and it makes me so happy and can't stop think about you,Janelle and Canada........
Miss you soooo much....miss Canada toooo much..
I wish I could fly, i think that from my bosm now..

I really had a great time with you and things we had shared was amazing...I will never forget about that and will come back to you and Canada for sure!

I'm really looking forward to see you soon, and your all sisters!! :)

Love,
Yukimi