Not Ready for the Jelly

>> Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cowgirls of the world, unite! But I won’t join you. Because I’m not one. I’m just stuck in this horse-forsaken town. Or not stuck. Just visiting. Yay! Another day! We got up at a reasonable hour to take in some doughnuts with Sis’s friend Carlo. I like to say his name by, like, snapping my fingers and drawling it with a Spanish accent. I’ll do it for you sometime if you ask me nicely. We headed to this new joint, Jelly.

L1030726

L1030727

L1030728

I don’t think I was ready…for this jelly. It was too bootylicious for me. I had this little breakfast box thing with a gross red delicious apple and some yogurt. The doughnut was decadent though – coconut custard. Yummo.

Sis had organized some sister time after brekkie, and so we headed out to some Winatoba-mall-like place for manicures. We couldn’t figure out how to get inside as the sign appeared above a Co-op store? Very bizarre. We just headed through the Winatoba hallway and, voila! Mani-pedi central.

L1030729

L1030733

This was the nicest they looked at any point. The polish, though shiny and glorious to start, refused to dry for a full 24 hours and thus I woke up the next morning with cute blanket-imprint lines. Yay.

Anyway, after the spa time, we headed to a sophisticated B lunch. We ordered requisite martinis and everything.

L1030730

L1030731

L1030734

L1030735

Our next activity came on like a Chinook. We jay-walked across the road from Sis’s house, to Chinook Centre, and tried some shopping. And then I saw more Calgary monstrosities. This city has much to learn about style.

L1030736

L1030737

Oi! My eyes are burning! Yeesh. See? Some girl with her pants down. Does looking at this display make you want to buy any of the items? Heavens to Murgatroyd!!

We headed out for a late dinner to Olive Garden, because it’s a classy establishment. And Sis wanted breadsticks. Turns out the Olive Garden in Calgary has some of the heavenliest goods as far as Olive Gardens go. I like that.

L1030738

The next morning we decided to give 17th Ave another try. We sat on the patio at a pasta place and tried to enjoy some sun.

L1030740

We then found another cat head shop. This time we went inside. It was pretty cat-heady.

L1030741

L1030744

L1030746

L1030747

A shoe store was selling United Nude shoes and I asked to try on a pair. I asked for a size and he brought out a pair. I tried to put it on my feet and it was clearly wayyy too small. I was like, ‘zugh? Why doesn’t it fit?’ And he was like, ‘ohh…I don’t actually have your size, but maybe a smaller one would fit..’ Idiot. I know how big my feet, are thx.

We parked near some hippies doing laundry.

L1030748

Oh yes! Today was Easter too. Sorry, Lord. I didn’t really forget that you left the tomb. So let’s feast. Sis and I stocked up on goods at Superstore and cooked ourselves a delightful dinner to celebrate the occasion.

L1030749

L1030751

The night concluded with some wine swilling and the made-for-TV-movie about Will and Kate. He had soo much hair.

L1030752

L1030753
ilu pswilm.

Easter Monday we headed out to Kensington, where some lady told us (unprovoked) how to cross a street. Thanks.

L1030754

L1030756

Dinner was at a Chinese buffet since we thought we found one that wasn’t, you know, dumpy with loads of msg.

L1030758

photo(1)

On the plane that night, I looked out the window and to my surprise, I thought another Westjet plane was flying right alongside us. YES. A BLONDE MOMENT.

L1030759

Ha…ha?

1 comments:

rochelle June 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

awww....i had such a good time. i think my favourite was cooking easter dinner and watching wills and kate!