I Went Easter

>> Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter weekend is the slam-dunk holiday of the year! Boo-yah! I love it. Two stat holidays, back-to-back on either side of a weekend. What more can you ask for after a nearly-four month period in the desert of work? Every year I do something. And this year, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to head out to visit my sister in Calgary without taking a minute extra off work. I need those holidays for something yet-to-be-determined.

Thursday night I headed to Abbotsford airport amid the playoff series of the year: Canucks vs. Black Hawks. Of course, it was only game five and everyone knows how that series turned out, but the airport was a-buzz that night, with the guys on the PA randomly shouting, “GO CANUCKS!” lol

L1030700
Almost every night is hockey night in Canada.

L1030702

The flight is less than an hour so that’s a bonus. Also, they streamed the game live on the seat-back TV’s. I find it much easier to watch with no sound. Those announcers stress me out with their intonation.

L1030704

Calgary arrived without delay and pretty soon Sis and I were off into the wild black (which would have been blue had it been daylight hours), whipping through the city her in Sable Buick Dynaride, stopping only to fill our bellies at Denny’s.

L1030706

The next morning, I was like an eager kid to wake up and make my own breakfast – I do this at home but somehow it’s more fun when there is a Keurig at your disposal.

L1030710

Sis obviously had no guilt sleeping when company’s over and I had to go get her to wake up around noon. That kid! We headed down to one of my favourite haunts, Holt Renfrew…where they ignored us and when they didn’t, were condescending ::shock::. We wandered around and fount a cat head shop.

L1030712

A stint at the Bay also helped drive home the serious style of Calgarians. Please tell me no one actually wears these…

photo

Dinner was a this pretentious place called El Sombrero on 17th for Mexican. The waitress was a massive b who might have spit in our food, though we were nothing but angels to her. Whatevs b.

L1030713

L1030714

L1030715
Random duck

L1030720

L1030721

After a completely rocking trip to the Superstore where people would fart next to me in the spice aisle, we concluded the day. And so ends the first half of my adventure in the town populated by cows. Re-join the sisters tomorrow for part two as we eat donuts, get manicures, wreck them, and see a girl with her pants down in the mall. It totally happened. What.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 3, 2011 at 7:38 AM  

Another interesting holiday by Erin! You make even ordinary things seem more interesting.

Rochelle June 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

sistre! it's a Buick, not a Sable!