Shyp (Part 6)

>> Monday, January 9, 2012

It’s weird how when I first get on a cruise ship, I’m like, “I have so much time to do ____.” And then, here we are, at the last full day on board and I’m lazy and didn’t do what I wanted. But there is always one thing I do make sure I do, and that’s eat.enough.for.everyone. Apparently the average person gains 10 lbs on a 7-day cruise. I don’t. Want to know how? I’m usually so poor that my cabin is on deck 1. And the food is on deck 8 or 9. That’s a heck of a lot of stairs. But it works. And then there was the chocoholic buffet.

L1040930

L1040931

I always go into it all worried that I’m going to overeat and then I actually start eating and bottom-out real quick. Too sweet, America.

The afternoon onboard was full of a lot of nothing (except the most exciting Canucks game of the season and the sports bar decided to be lame and not show it – WAHHHHH) and before we knew it, it was dinner, which we decided to enjoy in the dining room. It was real nice.

L1040932

L1040936

L1040938

L1040939

L1040940
Does this sum it up? It should.

L1040941
Practicing for playoffs. (sniff sniff)

Before the evening’s show, we headed back to our room to relax and drink the 1L of rum they brought to our room. Yay!

L1040943

L1040944
Uh-huh. We drank that rum.

The last night on board is always a little quiet and eerie because people are busy packing and hitting the hay early as we dock at some hideous hour.

L1040945

L1040946

Time rolled around for second supper, which for me means OD’ing on hot dogs loaded with sauerkraut.

L1040947

L1040948

There was a ghost showboat following our cruise ship each and every night of the cruise…it was always in the same spot in the water – far enough to not make out any discernable characteristics, but close enough to see that it wasn’t a cruise ship. You know, like the ghost showboats on Scooby Doo. Here is the best picture I got of it:

L1040949
I think if we were just quiet enough, we could hear the organ playing…

L1040950

After hitting the sack and waking up to disembarkation in droves, we took our time as we elected to self-debark. Apparently this means being the last off the boat. We finally got around to trying out the coffee from the gourmet shop and sitting on the promenade.

IMG_1712

IMG_1711

IMG_1710

We finally managed to grab a taxi and roll our way back into the heart of Miami. We checked back into the hotel we stayed at before departure and we truly realized that our Christmas trip was coming to a close. This was so profound that Janelle even developed a face that displayed how she felt leaving the cruise behind:

L1040951
”Sad cruise-ship face” – is what I call it.

So with dropping off our bags and picking up a rental, we were ready to check out the city. The men elected to stay behind and we ventured onwards…

0 comments: