You Make Me Like Charity...Instead of Paying Enough Taxes

>> Sunday, July 16, 2006

Skiddily-bop! Be-bop! (I'm not David Lee Roth yo)

I'm moving in less than two weeks. I got a superb offer in BC (seriously...I'd be an idiot to pass it up) so that's where I'll be. Craaaaaazay. You miss me yet? Hell, I don't even miss myself. That makes no sense. Righto...

So the firey inferno of Winnipeg is cooking my brains and giving me gas. Minus the gas part. I wrapped Christmas presents today to prep for moving. Isn't that great? That's always the first thing people do to prep for moving.

I love my pops.
IMG_1507
Gosh..the resemblance is scary.

I flew outta here on Wednesday night after a poopey day at work (Thanks OG). The flight was actually pretty good. Very pretty! I wasn't so psyched on flying considering I felt like shitting my pants anyways due to the job interview aspect...

IMG_1512
IMG_1514
IMG_1515
IMG_1517

IMG_1521

IMG_1522

IMG_1524

IMG_1525

IMG_1527

IMG_1529

IMG_1531

IMG_1532

IMG_1533

IMG_1534

I had the typical stopover in Calgary, but I discovered that they too had moving sidewalks! I was the ass holding up the line trying to get a decent shot of the sidewalk without any people on it because people suck.

IMG_1535
Oh cheap thrills, how I adore thee.

Beano and I decided that we were hungry at midnight and headed to downtown Van to find food and imposed on a White Spot about to close for a quesadilla and poutine. Num num. So by the time I got back to my place at 1:30 ish, I had almost been awake for 24 hours! Bonus!

IMG_1537

Next day was "shit-your-pants day", also known as Thursday when I had my interviews. I tried to look nice:

IMG_1538 copy

I personally think I look like shizz, but they hired me, so maybe "nerd" is the look they were going for. Team Erin!

They called me back almost right away and that was it for me. I called the other places that had offered/were going to interview me and declined. That was hard...I felt so bad. But...I was happy to finally have my shizz together and going forward.

IMG_1540

My Aunt took me to a celebratory meal at her favorite "Portugese" restaurant. Um...I try to tell her it's not portugese to no avail...

IMG_1542

IMG_1543

I had a wrap for shizzes sake! Do people in Portugal have wraps and steak and call it ethnic? Just a q...

After the food, we headed over to the theatre to watch the Devil Wears Prada. It was pretty good except that I came out of there feeling like poo because my clothes are crap. I had my favorite smoothie though, so that was nice.

IMG_1549

The next day I bummed around and ran some errands and then we went to my favorite restaurant for suppa. I *heart* Victory Square chinese. After we stuffed our faces, Jean wanted ice cream, so we headed downtown to find this ice cream place, which turned out to have better chocolate than ice cream, which was fine with us.

IMG_1550

IMG_1551

IMG_1552

We then proceeded to do what any normal people would...eat all the chocolate just bought and let it take hold...

IMG_1555

IMG_1556

IMG_1561

Then we went to go chill under the Mission bridge...and create funny films that will never be posted here.

IMG_1558

IMG_1560

Saturday morning I woke up and found proof positive that my Aunt hates my fuppin guts:

IMG_1565

Jean and I maxed and relaxed in the afternoon with tea in the village tea shop, where I had a delicious mocha and we got served by b's.

IMG_1566

IMG_1568

IMG_1569

We then proceeded to try to crash the neighbours star-spangled banner party by peeping on them from the creek beside Jean's house.

IMG_1570

IMG_1571

IMG_1572

Flying out this AM:

IMG_1574

IMG_1575

Oh! I bought a camera today and I'm happy about that. I also am getting my new car for sure now, so that is the shizz. I'm so sore from running yesterday, so I'mma go soak my bones by not soaking them in water and probably making my lunch for tomorrow. Kapishe? Yes Uncle Jesse.

0 comments: