Glastonbury Glamour

>> Sunday, April 26, 2009

For the two of you out there who read my blog avidly, you will recall that each year I do a little gig called hair modeling. After much internal debate since last year’s show (which left me feeling incredibly out of the ‘tween loop), I decided that I would, at last, throw in the dye-stained towel. Well, then Janelle moved here and since we could do it together and I really needed a (free) haircut, I decided that I would once again put my head at the mercy of the fashionable, coiffing set.

After Janelle got picked at one modeling call and I was subsequently passed over for a pregnant lady with short curly hair (how horrendously offended I was), I though that perhaps now that I was a brunette, I was no longer useful. And then TIGI came along. Their immediate excitement over the mullet I was to receive (entitled ‘Glastonbury Glamour’) was palpable. I’m in!

IMG_3621

This year, like last year, the show was held at the behemoth football stadium, BC Place.

IMG_36213
I’m dreaming of a big haircut.

I was also thrilled with TIGI as I was able to wear my own clothes (take that, black pleather pants and ill-fitting Le Chateau camisoles!) so I brought out my Alexander McQueen dress specifically for the occasion. I was to be featured in their “Rockaholic” segment because I’m so rock. It’s true, you know.

IMG_3622

IMG_3623
Backstage during the Catwalk segment.

IMG_0185
Here is me in my segment, looking rock-star like in my white cape. It’s pretty far off since Janelle took the picture from behind the giant crowd that had gathered in wonderment (at least the first part is true.)

I’m not really surprised I was the mullet candidate…they seem to cut me like that every year. The lady cutting told the crowd it was a modern mullet and you have to be a little wild to pull it off. People always think I’m the wild one.

After my segment and letting a bunch of strange people (stylists) feel up my head so that they could “see” the cut with their hands, I headed next door to Janelle’s stage.

IMG_3624

IMG_3625

Since it was barely noon and I was already done for the day, I did some shopping and then dropped off all my new cheap hair goods at the car.

IMG_36215

IMG_36218

IMG_36242

IMG_36243

Check out the new ‘do!

IMG_3629
No quite visible, eh? I like it.

IMG_36217

Janelle and I met up to compare heads.

IMG_36221

IMG_36225

After playing some DS and generally waiting, the finale of Janelle’s stage rolled around.

IMG_36226

IMG_36229
Eh…they have the same hair. Awkward.

IMG_36231
I think this picture was taken right before their incredibly annoying rendition of “You’re the One that I Want” from Grease. Again, kind of awkward for me, the audience.

And just like that, it was done. Not very exciting, was it? Hey, I’m just here for the free haircut.

Due to the cheapness of the companies, no lunch was served – how bunk. So, accordingly, come dinner, we were hungry and went to our new favourite Japanese food place in the city, Junsei River.

IMG_36232

Oh cheap, delicious sushi, I love thee!

IMG_36233

IMG_36234

So that’s it again for another year. I won’t say I’m not going to do it again because I’ll probably just end up lying again. Therefore, until next year…

IMG_36236

0 comments: