Swallow Me

>> Wednesday, May 17, 2006

IMG_0620 copy

Hewo - My vacation is on Day 6 of 12. Half-done! Dammit! This blog has the most pictures EVER! No big deal. Here's the latest rundown.

After I posted my last blog on Sunday, Jean-o called and we decided to meet up at because I hadn't eaten supper as I was blogging (damn you all!). I hopped in the car at my disposal and was off. I tried to snap some shots of Abby on my way down:

IMG_0621 copy

Man, I looked so wiped.

IMG_0624 copy

I wanted to go to Red Robin because I love these Cajun Chicken strips they have, so we met up there.

IMG_0629 copy


IMG_0631 copy

Service was shit in the toilet. Our waitress looked to be about 10 years old (no stereotyping intended) and was slower than Jean trying to run (snap! I love ya Jean). She got my order somewhat wrong (surprise surprise) and when she (finally) came around to clean off our plates, Jean asked for the dessert menu and she said she'd be right back. Well, 20 or so minutes with no dessert menu makes Jean and Erin unhappy campers. We up and left (after paying our bill, of course) screaming and kicking over chairs and stuff on the way out (minus the screaming and kicking over chairs part.)

Since we are such gluttons, we headed over White Spot for (far better) dessert. It was nice! I had the seven-layer fudge cake or whatever, and I couldn't finish it. Holy crap.

IMG_0632 copy

I shit you not.

After that, Jean-Bean ditched me for her boyf. Off to home, and eventually bed, I went.

Monday

Jean had to work, so I spent most of the day on my own. I decided to snap some shots of my aunt's place for posterity:

IMG_0637 copy

IMG_0638 copy

IMG_0641 copy

I was bored, can't you tell?

Balcony view:
IMG_0649 copy

IMG_0651 copy

I hung out with my bestest little buddy, Eli "Baby Gibby":

IMG_0657 copy

IMG_0648 copy

Holy shit - It was hot, and I tell no lies:

IMG_0659 copy

Evenutally I decided to head out after Jean telling me to come visit the museum where she works later in the afternoon. So I headed to the mall in my sweet ride for the week:

IMG_0665 copy

IMG_0660 copy

IMG_0666 copy

You see the people in the picture above? The dood was like, "Did someone send you here to spy on me?" Me: "No." Dood: "Then what was the picture for?" Me: "Its for my, um...blog." Dood: "Oh."

Awkward.

I almost bought this dress while ship-shopping. It sure did look like shit once on though:

IMG_0667 copy

I headed over to Trethewey House where Bean works and she gave me the grand tour of the house:

IMG_0668 copy

IMG_0671 copy

IMG_0672 copy

So, apparently the house is haunted, so that creeped me out slightly. But the jist of the tour was that Mr. Trethewey was a skanky, skanky man whose third wife loved to get hosed. The end.

Since the 'Hot Chefs, Cool Jazz' event was out for the day, Jean invited me over for supper so I picked up a zucchini and then went to Winners before going there.

IMG_0673 copy
Winners with a view:
IMG_0675 copy

SUPPER!

IMG_0679 copy

Meet Jean's hideous dog, Simon. He is retarded with no teeth and his tounge just hangs out:

IMG_0681 copy
I'm so awful. Sorry, Jean.

A better look at Jean's place - the epitome of Clayburn living:

IMG_0682 copy

IMG_0683 copy

IMG_0684 copy

IMG_0685 copy
Personal fave:
IMG_0686 copy

Jean is an amazing cook:

IMG_0688 copy

IMG_0689 copy

After dinner, we decided to watch Japanimation movie as we love Japanese shizz. But first, it was off to the land of ice cream. So, we hopped in Jean's friend's Sonya's Tercel, and we were off:

IMG_0691 copy

IMG_0698 copy

IMG_0697 copy

Mmm. Dilly-icious.

Tuesday

Up at 5:45 AM for a ride, and hit up my favorite spot:

IMG_0701 copy

IMG_0702 copy

IMG_0703 copy

At 7:30 AM we busted our asses and nearly pissed our pants rushing to the ferry to make the 9:00 sailing from Twsawwassen. We made it only by the hair of our chiny-chin-chins.

IMG_0706 copy

IMG_0708 copy

IMG_0715 copy

With a day of walking ahead of us, Jean planned ahead for comfort (?!)

IMG_0713 copy
I think we need to start a fund so this poor girl can get some shoes that don't look like she's homeless. Tear.

IMG_0716 copy

Once over, we boarded the bus (the B-Express) and we were on our (hour-long) way to downtown Victoria. The double-decker bus was rad though. (We are so lame.)

IMG_0719 copy

IMG_0726 copy

IMG_0729 copy
See? We were on the B-Express.

After we got off the B-Express, we went for lunch to Sam's Deli, where we paid over $10 bucks for some sammiches and soup.

IMG_0731 copy

After that, we wandered through the Fairmont Empress:

IMG_0735 copy

Then onto the BC Parliament Buildings, where there was protesting (drama!)

IMG_0732 copy

IMG_0739 copy

IMG_0741 copy

IMG_0742 copy

IMG_0745 copy

IMG_0748 copy

IMG_0744 copy

They were protesting the financial support offered by the government to the military families with children.

Jean wanted to buy a shirt appropriate for our tattoos we are getting, so we went to Bay, where I sat for what seemed like hours while Jean tried on jeans, shirts, bras, etc. I took random pictures and fell asleep twice.

IMG_0754 copy

IMG_0755 copy

IMG_0759 copy

We walked through Chinatown as well and visited some totally sketch places.

IMG_0760 copy

Sketchiest alley of my life! (see also my videos!)

IMG_0762 copy

IMG_0763 copy

IMG_0765 copy2

IMG_0770 copy


Eventually we decided to throw in the Victoria sweat-stained towel:

IMG_0773 copy

IMG_0774 copy

Fun, burning hot times.

Wednesday

I biked my frickin ass off this morning. I went all the way to Jean's house in Clayburn village to drop off her dog food. Then I busted my ass back to make it to Mission in time for my spa appointment.

IMG_0779 copy

IMG_0776 copy

IMG_0777 copy

IMG_0778 copy

I had a facial and ear candling. The facial was hotter than a b, and the ear candling was rad. I sort of fell asleep during it (the candling) and then jerked a bit, like people do when sleeping, and it was bad because you have this giant flame right on top of your head. It got out all this goop and it was rad! So much earwax. Too bad I didn't take pictures of that...sad day.

On the way back to my house, I stopped at my second favorite spot, under the Mission bridge.

IMG_0780 copy

Neat-o.

Tomorrow is tattoo day. I'm gonna do some Sylvester Stallone/Eye-of-the-Tiger-type training in the morning to prep myself.

Best of my life!....

0 comments: