(Day 11) Bitter Sweets

>> Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Last night left us apparently completely incapacitated. We managed to get ourselves presentable enough to leave the house at around 3 PM today. This is getting bad – we come out as the sun goes down. I guess we were tired.

L1030426

We had time to kill before meeting Yukimi at our station, so we headed into Japan’s #1 time-waster, karaoke.

L1030427

I love how Karaoke Kan’s rooms are always like an acid trip.

L1030428

L1030429

L1030430
Aw yeah. Singing songs from high school dances circa 1999.

After grabbing Yukimi at the station and dropping her stuff off at our place, we booted it over to Shinjuku for some dinner at the Bitter Sweets Buffet in Lumine.

L1030431

L1030432

L1030433

This place is mint. Like, best casual buffet in my life yet. They had all kinds of wafu pasta, curry, small breaded corn bite things, potato sticks, and, of course, some sweets. But…they weren’t bitter…?

21
Yukimi-chan

L1030434

L1030435

L1030436
Why yes…those are bejewelled cobwebs on the ceiling.

L1030437
Of course, this is me taking a picture of myself eating as shown by my reflection in the mirror on the ceiling.

L1030438

After stuffing ourselves fuller than a Cornish game hen on Cornish game hen day at the cafeteria, we headed home and slowly started gussying ourselves up for another night at the club named after the villain from Superman.

L1030440

L1030442

So the night started off harmless enough until I got dragged into VIP by some crony who was scouting for women for his boss or whatever by telling me “BIG MONEY”. He shoved me at this guy in the corner and said ‘ikemen’ (good-looking guy). AWKWARD. I totally sat on the couch farthest from him which earned me an immediate spot on the ikemen’s rejection list. I was then dragged back out of VIP and told to “go dance”. How rude. Did they think I was some kind of prostitute or something? Then later some old guy invited me into VIP to drink with him and I could bring my friends (“Woman OK. Man, not OK”) and so in we went. Whatever. He was a total loser (I mean, of course, right) who kept asking both me and Janelle if he could be our boyfriend. We ditched him and that was pretty much the excitement of the night. Not our best night, to say the least. But that won’t stop us from returning tomorrow. YES. We are crazy.

Also tomorrow we hang out with Eiji from Mistubishi that we met last week. This involves eating at the restaurant from ‘Kill Bill’ (aka Gonpachi in Nishi-Azabu.) And drinks. Those are always fun.

0 comments: