(Day 7) Three-Letter Words

>> Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve! It wouldn’t be a stretch to say I used to LIVE for this day every year. However, being in Japan, things just aren’t the same. You’d think it would seem more Christmas-y with all their lights and decorations, but…no. We headed over to Harajuku for lunch and to be honest, this is the first time during any vacation to Japan that it has taken me THIS long to make it over to this side of town. What’s that noise? It might very well be my bank account draining.

We got suckered into this guy holding a sign restaurant-place. It was called ‘Café Ratia’. I called it ‘Rat-face Café’. It was right beside the Johnny’s store. I kept watching women being herded, over and over.

L1030337
I love buffets!

L1030338

L1030339
Tradition.

Surprisingly, I didn’t buy anything today. Well…I knew also that it was a long time until I’d actually make it home to drop the stuff off, so its better to travel light today. We made our way over to Omotesando Hills and finally got to really enjoy the holidays, watching people trying to “skate” on some waxy plastic stuff. Hee hee ha ha HO HO HO.

L1030341

L1030348

L1030349

L1030350

L1030352

Ahh, it was too funny. We watched people “skating” for nearly an hour. Japan is so quaint because they have things like this. And people use them! Awesome. The stuff was seriously like a hard waxy board.

Leaving Omotesando behind, we rode up to Kameari in Chiba to enjoy a Christmas concert of thunderous proportions. TAO, who I saw back in January in Vancouver, was holding a one-night-only engagement in a little hall on top of the Ito Yokado department store. Only in Japan.

L1030353



Wheee! So great. Best Christmas concert ever! (Sorry EMMC.)

So, of course, on this most festive of holidays, the only way to ring it in was in a dingy little club underground in Roppongi. So we went to Lex for their Christmas party and it was body x body x body. Some weirdo with a balloon tied to his head tried to kiss me. Some guy with cornrows started chatting me up. Some dancing and drinking was done. And then, after the party, some ramen was had in the company of a large black fellow from Africa who invited himself along with us. Random. He was interested in Janelle – but of course he was.

And with that night, we officially greet Christmas. HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Party24

0 comments: