(Day 13) Duh Outlet

>> Thursday, December 30, 2010

I could have not felt more like the walking dead if I was dead. We picked something stupid – like the 8:45 bus. UGGGGHHHHHH. I think we were in bed by, like, 4:30 last night. I’m tired just hearing me talk/write about it. Worst. Shinjuku was still really dead since nothing opens until , like, 11, so we zombie-walked around trying to find food. Janelle wanted curry. What? Let’s just get on the bus and melt into sleep in the stiff seats.

L1030470
I’m glad to see my ex is still getting work. I ain’t mad atcha Ryuhei!

The ride was a bit short of two hours where we switched buses onto the outlet’s shuttle bus. The shuttle was standing-room only, and somebody kept jamming their bum into mine and someone (else?) kept farting. Worst. The road was also full of twists and turns and so…yeah. You can imagine.

L1030471

It is so damn cold out here in the middle of Shizuoka. And the strollers were out in full force. Outlet mall = strollers. Again, worst.

L1030472

So I want to start off by saying I had high hopes for this outlet mall. Very high. Astronomical. There were outlets from a pile of my faves: McQueen, Gucci, Miu Miu, Maison Martin Margiela, Moschino, CA4LA, Tsumori Chisato, Yohji, Vivienne, and the list goes on. But I bought nothing. Do you know why? Because sale prices in Japan SUCK. I know I ranted about this at the Isetan sale, but it really is too bad. Also, the McQueen outlet was a single rack of XS shirts in the back corner of the YSL store. Ugh. Sadness all around. At least I got a closer look at Mt. Fuji, which has been evading me forever. Today too though…damn clouds.

L1030473

L1030474
We are surely in the sticks.

We boarded the mid-afternoon bus for home and arrived back in the city at dinner. We were still absolutely dead, so we walked a few feet and rested for dinner in some basement at a cheapo pasta joint called La Pausa.

L1030475

After picking up some goods at Uniqlo, we headed home and did NOTHING this evening. Went to SLEEP. This was short but its fine because tomorrow is NYE…and we’ll be out. Maybe there will be a special New Year’s surprise? Maybe we’ll go to something? Maybe.

0 comments: