This is a famous shop. (Part 14)

>> Saturday, February 18, 2012

About 80 percent of the people walking around in Harajuku are hair dressers (as evidenced by interviews in street style photographs), so one might guess that Tokyo has some amazing hair salons. One thing I’ve always wanted to do was get a haircut in Tokyo. I had read about Watanabe Hair Salon on a blog once and I had sent my sister there (with great success), so I made an appointment for myself on this trip. Chie knew English thanks to spending part of her career in London, so I knew I wasn’t setting myself up for any type of haircut where I had no way of communicating what I wanted.

L1050679

I got a bob. I always get a bob.

L1050680

You will always find some random café in the backstreets of Harajuku. And if you try to find it again sometime, you will likely fail. Today my choice of random café was called Café Luigi. It had some scrawling on the wall by some guy named Luigi. The guy who worked there really liked my fragrance. Sir, I know you asked which one it was and I’m sorry I couldn’t remember, but if you read this, it’s ‘Love, Chloe’. Now you know.

I had curry (but of course I did!)

L1050681

L1050682

L1050684

Next, I met up with Maya and her mother, Tomoko. Since I don’t get fat when I eat too much in Japan, we went for more food, to the famous fruits shop, Kyobashi Sembikiya.

IMG_1870

L1050685

L1050687

L1050688

L1050690

L1050689

We walked for a while down Omotesando, until we hit Aoyama Dori. Then, it was obviously time for more food, so we went to a traditional soba shop.

L1050691

L1050692

What an awesome and relaxing way to end this epic vacation. Thanks Maya and Tomoko! After arriving back at the mansion, I got ready for my last night at Lex. This will be it for a while, so it’s likely going to be at least a tiny bit messy. And then I felt a baby-sized earthquake while getting ready. Affirmation that this night is going to rock! (Pun intended.)

L1050695

0 comments: