(Day 10) Praas the Flesh

>> Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our last official full day at sea – when sailing the high seas of the picturesque Mediterranean, the days just melt away. I wish I could say the same about the pounds I’ve packed on during the last 10 days…worst. Let’s see...what did I do today? If you guessed a whole lot of nothing, you were correct. A lot of sleeping, some working out in the gym, and some casual trips to the buffet. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. Today we were on our way to Barcelona, Spain, which I am very much looking forward to.

10_1
Da…da….dazzling!

Dinner on our days at sea is usually spent inside the formal dining room. This is generally due to the fact that we’ve been so lazy all day it is probably for the best that we actually make a bit of an effort at some point. The napkins for today’s dinner represented an homage to the Japanese lady who sat at the table beside us, a plastic bag firmly placed between her Versace dress and the pesky, unclean bench beneath.

10_2
Kimono napkins!

10_3

10_4

10_6
Baked Alaska…was not my baked, nor my favourite dessert.

We returned to our room fairly early after dinner as we had tickets to the Past Guest Reception, as you may have noted from our tickets last night.

10_7

We made our way up to the theatre to partake in the festivities…along with half of the boat. We are all such crazy Carnival fans. And who doesn’t love free booze?

10_81

10_83

10_84

We met this delightful male couple from Florida and exchanged cruising stories with them. Occasionally, there are some really cool people on board.

Well, that’s it for today. Really nothing at all, but thanks for coming. Tomorrow is the boisterous and brilliant Barcelona! Aw crap, I think I’ve been hanging out with our cruise director Toddles too much, because I’m throwing the word “brilliant” as an adjective all over the place. But…we won’t be disappointed. I guarantee it.

12_15

0 comments: