(Day 12) Madge Jumping

>> Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The sleep was tumultuous at best. The crashing waves hit us so hard that I work up several times to the sound of a car crash on the deck below. I thought that surely the boat was going down. Though I truly believed it, I also had no problem falling right back to sleep. I was pleasantly surprised when I awoke to calm waters…had I died? I’m sure you can guess the answer, obviously. Though I could see land and the sky was bright and the water serene, we just were not going into port in Monaco. I grumbled all day. I had a badditude. I was especially crabby when we sailed past Portofino and it was beautiful.

12_8

12_9

12_10

A panoramic (click to enlarge):Portofino

Other than moping about, we hung around the boat (like we had any other choice) and slept and ate, as per usual. This is a tough life.

12_11
Staring down into the lobby.

12_12
Staring up into the SUNNY sky. BOO HISS BOO.

Um, so that’s it. I did go the exceptionally cool art event they held on ship – they showed the collaboration film that Salvador Dali (who I love love love) did with Disney called ‘Destino’. Lovely!



Tonight we had a friend pray for forgiveness in our room for missing the port of Monaco.

12_27

And that’s it for today. What light reading. Tomorrow is our last day of the cruise and we spend it in lovely Tuscany. Beautiful scenes await us there.

12_17

0 comments: