(Day 10) Less Money, Even Mo' Problems

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Officially in the home stretch of the vacay, I now feel comfortable spending some money. You know, at the beginning, you don’t want to spend too much because, I mean, who knows what else you’ll find, right? You want to be open to spending because WHO KNOWS. Well, at this point, I know. I think Sis was feeling the same because today we planned on opening our wallets like there is no tomorrow. And it would be fine if there wasn’t, because we can’t afford it. But tomorrow will come. (Unless the big earthquake hits us – eep!)

I’m loving some of the advertising I’ve been seeing the last few days…

L1020526
YUM!

Our first stop was Shibuya where I was bringing some of my old designer goods to try to sell and make a few dollars before I blow them all in a fury at Comme des Garçons. Then we did some shopping and ate some ramen. Oh Ichiran…my love for you is unfailing and neverending.

L1020529

UGH! Although hot ramen on a hot day only makes me hotter. But it was SO good. And their bathroom had a sweet idea so that it never runs out of toilet paper.

L1020530
Can I do this to my bathroom without it looking weird?

L1020531

L1020533

At Shibuya’s conclusion, Sis had procured CdG boots and Miu Miu glasses – not bad so far. Then we headed off to Aoyama for the purchase of the trip – for both of us. But mine was decidedly stupider.

L1020534

So one Prada bag (Sis) and one obscenely priced sweater and shoes later, we are headed down Omotesando to try and convince B into buying Chanel runners. No dice. But we did end up having some delicious crepes upon our arrival in Harajuku.

L1020538

L1020539

We headed back to the hotel to rest up for a while before heading back out to Shinjuku for shopping and dinner. We’ve hit up the entire downtown trifecta this evening! Dinner was okonomiyaki – a egg-cabbage pancake! Yummmm!

L1020541

The drunk salarymen at the table beside us watched cautiously every time I went to flip the damn thing. Sheesh. Give me some credit people! They were drinking all kinds of green juice, like Ironman or something.

So that was our day. Pretty low-key day, besides ending it significantly poorer. I swear, this exchange rate is going to be the death of me. How else does a $350 sweater turn into a $450 sweater? WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH

Tomorrow we resume our adventures far and wide and head out to Mt Takao and then meet up for dinner with one of Sis’s oldest high school buddies. It will be fun, oh yes, it will be fun.

1 comments:

Unknown November 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

mmmm! what a fun day. i spent a shit load of money.a shit load. but man, was it fun!