(Day 13) Boots with the Furrr

>> Friday, September 17, 2010

With the smoky experience of late-night partying in our repertoire, we slept in. Except for B, of course, because she had to go to school. Hyuk hyuk hyuk…Sis and I slept in like there was no tomorrow because, well, I mean, come on! We were partying like good, old-fashioned night pigs. So we got up in the late morning hours and made our way eventually to western Tokyo to meet up with B and visit her at school. It was hot, so we took a taxi up the hill (plus we were late – oops) and she gave us a bit of a tour…though I’ve personally been here several times previously…

L1020630
By far, the best angle of the school on the entire campus. The rest looks like your typical mental institution.

We didn’t stay long though, before heading a bit back east to Kichijioji. We grabbed lunch at (let me see if I can get this right…) ‘Italian Tomato Café Jr.’ It was so cheap! But my food was cold and looked like this:

L1020632
Mmm…a cold, runny egg on top of a sparsely-populated pizza.

L1020634

L1020635

L1020639

L1020640

L1020641

L1020643

Sis got a migraine from the scorching heat and so we ducked into Karaoke Kan for a cheap, two-hour blitz of karaoke. So instead of heat, Sis had to live through our screeching into the mic. Nice!

L1020644

L1020646
Oh! What a face. I’m thinking…yep, could it be? Was it THIS song…?

L1020649
Ahem…”APPLE BOTTOM JEANS….[jeans]…BOOTS WITH THE FUR…[with the fur]”

Oh yeah ps…I actually saw some amazing boots with fur I was thinking I should buy Marty. What do you think? *rotfl*

photo

My whole purpose for coming to Kichijoji was to bring my sisters to the holy grail of shabu-shabu places, Nabezo. Cheap all-you-can-eat for 90 min! Ready, set, gorge! Oh delicious meat…get in my belly!

L1020650

L1020653

L1020654

With our bellies sagging full of meat, we headed down to the park for a bit of exercise. Inokashira park is one my favvies in Tokyo.

L1020655

L1020659

L1020658

L1020665

L1020667

L1020671

The benches in the park were so bizarre – they were perfectly partitioned for a single person. Maybe they are trying to avoid the inevitable contact couples might try when they come to the park on a date? Oh Japan, don’t be so prudish.

Janelle and I sat on one bench and chatted for a while about this, that, and everything else, while Sis sat on another listening to music. Eventually Sis got up and said she was going back to the hostel. Um…..? We had to follow her to make sure she wouldn’t get lost. I can just see her, stranded in some back alley crying, “WAHHHH WAHHH WAHHH.”

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting about all these fabulous purikura we’ve been doing. Today was no exception!

Puri-9-17-1 Puri-9-17-2 Puri-9-17-3 Puri-9-17-4

Tomorrow is our last full day in Tokyo before we head back to our motherland and leave our precious little sibling alone. The sister trip of a lifetime is quickly coming to a close and we have one final kick at the can. And we’ll boot it together!

1 comments:

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

SO FREAKING FUNNY!!!!! I forgot about Cafe Junior Italian Tomato! and the crazy Marty boots. oh man, i laughed so hard throughout your blog. wow! that was good. i look like a ravenous, crazy person eating that meat.
oh, despite the migraine, great day!