(Day 8) Attention Shoppers

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

One week gone, one week to go. I don’t think Sis is looking forward to returning home just yet. She keeps shout-crying “WAHHH…WAHHH…WAHHH” every time we mention anything to that effect. Plus a lot of “I want to stay in Japan forever!” But she’ll eventually run out of money. I do that in less than my two week vacation. But whatevs. Today we headed to Ginza because I like it when the street is closed off to traffic. And that’s the only reason. Oh, and to go to Ragtag. But that’s it, I swear.

L1020347

Ohyeapsyouhavenoideabutitwasinsanelyhotagain. Sweat sweat sweat.

We headed first to this stinky parmesan cheese mall that had Hello Kitty shops galore and a swanky bathroom.

L1020348

For all Sis’s yapping about Hello Kitty, she didn’t buy a single item. And now we stank like parmesan cheese. We headed off to Ragtag next and I procured a CdG sweater with holes in it – but they are supposed to be there. It’s like ghetto chic! And then we went to a place for lunch that I marked down officially on my schedule as “some kanji place”. I can’t read.

L1020349

L1020350
Every piece of chicken here has skin on it. That stuff sticks to your intestines. All together now: ewwwwww

L1020352

After lunch was a lot of wandering about shopping – big surprise. We hit up the massive Ginza Hands, Chanel, Mitsukoshi, etc etc etc the list goes on. But I always really think the Mikimoto Pearl building is the funnest.

L1020353

L1020360

L1020363

The Mistukoshi was like a zoo of wild animals. Apparently this was their first day open since they did a renovation (though everything still looked like an old, stuffy department store) and they now had a delicious 1980’s style logo on their bags. Lovely.

L1020365

We wandered some more and ended up in this one department store that smelled like pee. Japan’s got something for everyone.

L1020370

L1020373

L1020377

L1020379

L1020381

We strolled through the token Gucci, LV, Prada shops – pretty much so we could just walk on their soft carpet. Do try it sometime! I think Prada’s is the softest.

And we did want to go into Hermes because…I mean, the building looked like this:

L1020386
Sweet, right? But I’m so not into Hermes…I think it screams “stuffy Chinese lady” to me. I unno. But that building is ridiculous.

L1020387

Since it was ridiculously humid once again, Sis got a migraine and so we decided to wind things down for the day. For dinner, we headed up into Fujiya and I got some charred gratin. WTF is with people burning my food here? Not preesed.

L1020395

L1020396

On my master plan I had decided we were going to head out to Tokyo Tower next, but since Sis was sickly, we sent her home and me and B headed out for karaoke in Akasaka. Yay! But talk about sticker shock. What we had thought was $5 karaoke turned into $20 – each. Worst. But fun!

L1020399
Those delicious blue drinks cost $8 dollars each. What? We thought they were free. We can’t read. This is a problem.

So have I even taken a picture of our hotel yet? It’s so nothing special and I probably should have done it before we threw our crap everywhere and messed it up, but here’s a slight shot…

L1020400

Tomorrow we are heading out to Odaiba and hope above all else that it is cooler there because it is close to the sea. But we’ll be wrong – because tomorrow is the hottest day of the whole trip. Please melt along with me.

1 comments:

B November 13, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

Hahaha, your comments are too funny. Let's not go back to Ginza next time you come, ne?