(Day 5) Misplaced Memories

>> Tuesday, July 26, 2011

After going to my morning appointment to have my stitches removed from my back, we went to visit my Gramps before heading off into the wild blue Amurrica tomorrow. I love going through my Grandpa’s photo albums because I find so many…treasures within. Ha!

L1040220
My Gramps and dearly departed Grans wedding. My Mom was telling me she lost weight just for her wedding; makes sense because this is way skinnier than she ever was when I was a kid.

L1040224
Cute! Young Kaitlyn and Matthew…

L1040230
LOLOLOL! There are going to be a few people in this photo who will hate it. I’m jus standin’ there…lookin’ like I’m knacking zot.

L1040231
My family at its most trailer-park-ish. Janelle is just dangling there…lol.

L1040236
Me, back when I was Justin Bieber. Also, Janelle and Carlin. At least they are cute.

L1040237

L1040238
Oi! No wonder I hate turtlenecks to this very day.

L1040239

L1040240
Omg…I loved that sweater when I got it – it had two fringe horse manes on either sleeve.

L1040242
Baby Matthew, when he was just fresh into this world.

L1040244

L1040245
Holy crud I had some awful hair. And I reeeeally loved Carlin – I’m hugging him in every photo! (Why does Janelle look so cranky?)

L1040246
Moustache. That’s all I need to say.

After our trip down memory lane, we left for the big city. We went to Costco first and I decided against the Armani watch because I found it cheaper online. Good heavens! What did I do before the advent of mobile browsing?! After that we headed to St. Vital and I enjoyed some Second Cup. WHY DON’T WE HAVE THESE ON THE WEST COAST?

IMG_1459

L1040247

L1040248

For dinner, my Mom had heard of this Mexican restaurant she wanted to try and all she knew was that it was “near confusion corner” and it was “down some steps”. Ridiculously enough, we actually ended up finding it, despite being stuffed in a back alley parking lot…it’s called La Bamba and it was quite tasty. To get there, we drove through my old ‘hood from my days as a first-time homeowner in the ‘Peg.

L1040250
Good ol’ Morley.

L1040251

L1040252

On the way home, I spotted a DOUBLE RAINBOW. The first one is easily seen, but you can see the second one, much lighter, to the right.

L1040253

L1040256
I love rainbows! (Who doesn’t?) But it’s even better when there are two!

I love prairie skies.

L1040259

L1040260

Ahhhh. Tomorrow we begin our adventure southward. We are doing the six-hour trek over to Minneapolis so I can act like a kid again and do some shopping at the Mall of Amurrica. I’m going to spend spend spend!

2 comments:

rochelle September 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

i love it. i love it all...i love that i had a simpsons tee tucked into my high waisted pants with a wall of aqua net hair sprayed bangs!

Jen September 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

Quality stuff! I remember little cute and cuddly Carlin too! And your uncle's wicked 'stash! And eating your mom's home cookin' in the old "trailer park" kitchen.

Best of all - I can't choose...
Either the grain bin zot-knackin picture or the horse-mane sweater....