(Day 9) Bees Sting

>> Saturday, July 30, 2011

After a final farewell drink at The ‘Bou (not pictured), we headed back up the 494W and onwards back to good old North Dakota. This trip was fraught with emotion as the traffic was less than free-flowing heading out of the city. Aaaaand, this turned out be because they blocked off all but one lane to replace a sign on an overpass. If any of you know my Father (or have heard about anger and complaints in general), this was simply unacceptable. He will never be driving to Minneapolis again. The end.

In Alexandria, we had to visit a Harley dealership (see: Midlife Crisis). I lay in the back for what felt like forever. Wahhh

L1040308

Eventually we made it to Fargo and checked into our little hotel. After some preliminary shopping at West Acres where I hummed and hawed at shoes for over an hour, we headed to Applebees for dinner.

L1040309

Everything was looking promising and delicious until I requested vinegar for my French fries. The waitress brought me a little container and I proceeded to dump it all over my fries (like I’m wont to do with vinegar.) Then, I ate one. HA! Joke’s on me. Turns out she had brought me oil instead of vinegar. Wtf. I was so angry immediately. Then I biatched about it to the other waitress and I finally got some real vinegar. But I was upset. Wahh again. Serious wahh-ing.

L1040310
Not oil. I just can get over it – who WOULD request oil for on their fries?

For our night cap today, guess where we went? NOT The ‘Bou! After buying some moccasins at Scheels (which had a ferris wheel inside the store – odd) and enjoying looking at junk in Target, we headed to the Cold Stone Creamery. Here is when I presented my Pappy with his birthday ‘Bou gift card! He was like a little kid at Christmas.

L1040311

And, that’s it. Just a shawty blog for y’all today. Tomorrow is my last day of vacation so I might have a single tear of sadness. I don’t want to go back to work! Wahhhh

0 comments: