(Day 6) Road Tripping

>> Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I haven’t made a bed in the backseat of my parents’ vehicle in YEARS (who am I? Janelle?) because, well, I haven’t been road-tripping with them in years. My chance to re-live this bit of my childhood arrived today with our early morning departure for America. I grabbed a blanket and pillow and did my best to stretch out in the backseat of my parents’ Toyota Venza. After my first nap, I woke up in the playground of my teenage band years – Grafton, ND.

L1040269

I remember the first time we attended a show at H’s place, the poster said “Look for the giant “H” in the sky.” We had no idea what this meant, but when we arrived, there was the massive antenna in the sky. H’s is where we played some of the best shows of our short career. It was also here that we were supposed to open for the Ataris (who never ended up coming, btw), as well as where we opened for the Huntingtons and Hangnail. In its heyday, H’s was THE place to see shows for the southern MB crowd. And today, here it was…H is gone and so are the shows. It just felt very empty, so passing through was short and bittersweet.

After visiting the outlet malls at Albertville and letting money flow out of my wallet at some clearance bookstore (I bought two!), the rest of the drive was filled with sleep. Yay! I woke up as we were driving down the 494 into Bloomington, MN, where our Priceline-reserved hotel awaited. I bid $42 and we got the Doubletree by Hilton. Not to shabby!

L1040270

My vote for dinner was the Cheesecake Factory. And, I won. Fcuk, (the brand, not the swear, though I am using it as a swear) it was hot outside! Like, oppressive, humid air death.Blah.

L1040271

L1040272
My fatty grease-filled Chicken Bellagio.

After stuffing myself (a common theme in my blogs), we headed into the attached mall. I stared down the shelves at Ulta with J.Biebs.

L1040273

Yeah, yeah…koo. That was my day. Well, I went to Barnes and Noble too and then some grocery store called ‘Cub’. But tomorrow we bust out the proverbial big guns and get down to srs bsnss shopping. And probably get started on some serious “Bou”-ing. Yay! The ‘Bou!

1 comments:

Honor Glow September 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

I love it! I appreciate you being part of the Cellar DNA. Of course, here's that picture from the "fest":

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/305065_10150793085185398_834170397_20438584_744077061_n.jpg