(Day 7) The 'Bou

>> Thursday, July 28, 2011

We started our day at The ‘Bou. Yeah, I mean, the real name is Caribou Coffee, but I call it ‘The ‘Bou’ because the guys in The Lonely Island say that if “you say the entire word, it takes time, and then you wouldn't be young anymore.” So, yeah. The ‘Bou. It was so hot and humid today that when we showed up at The ‘Bou, it was like this:

L1040274
(Not to be confused with 'The ‘Bu'.)

Drinking at The ‘Bou can be touch-and-go…it’s Amurrica, right? So everything is sweet to the point of being sickly. I tried a whole whirlwind of ‘Bou drinks during my trip and some things were better than others…so yeah. The ‘Bou.

IMG_1460

For a change of pace, I told my parents I wanted to head into downtown to check out the scene there and go to Neiman Marcus. To be honest, there wasn’t much to see and Neiman Marcus sucked the big one…but I ate at Chipotle. Sold. Whatever they are selling, I’m buying. DAMN what a good burrito.

L1040275

L1040276
Look at the lil’ guy, just lying there waiting to be eaten. *nom nom nom*

After shelling out $24 for parking for about two hours (at which my Father balked – probably rightfully so), we headed back into burbia to Ridgedale Centre for some malling. I bought stuff! Look at me go! Well, it was mostly pants for work. Big whoop. When I headed to the washroom, I was pretty surprised to learn that the mall washroom has a Facebook page. That’s crazy. What is this world coming to?

L1040278

We went to Costco next and my Ma and I had such an exciting time scouring the racks at Costco in Amurrica. So many new things to see! My Mom bought an ice cream maker.

L1040279

L1040280

That night after dinner at Ruby Tuesday I got my start into the Mall of America. I felt like a kid again! I remember the first time I was at the MOA…I adored Camp Snoopy and was hell-bent on buying shirts from Planet Hollywood and the Banana Republic (Banana wasn’t in Canada yet at that point.) I remember I also go this rad striped Airwalk shirt. I was with my sisters. Janelle’s feet smelled bad because she was a little kid and wore cheap sandals. Uwa~!

L1040281

L1040282

Camp Snoopy no longer….wahhhhhh

IMG_1461

L1040283

L1040284
I really love those fat bears at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. So cute-fat.

L1040285

L1040286

I hardly made it around half of the bottom floor before closing time. It’s going to be a long day tomorrow. After shopping my little heart out, Mom wanted Dairy Queen and thankfully there was one beside our hotel. They were closing in 10 minutes so we hurried…but then after closure, a group of about 10 people walked in. Poor DQ staffers.

L1040287

Tomorrow I’m going hard in the MOA. I’m sort of tempted by a bunch of stuff at Nordstrom, but I’ll try not to be.

2 comments:

rochelle September 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

I remember my first visit. I remember getting lost and the parentals not really being too concerned, probably because I had found them at that time and I was 15...

Mom September 12, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

We have had some good times at that Mall.