(Day 5) From Castle to Cottage

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If you’ve read this far into my series, well, thanks. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that you probably are a family member, coworker that I will nag if you don’t read this, were tagged, or are Jen G. But I don’t mind – harassment/provocation works.

Anyway, today was my last conferencing day. I sat in an interesting session on business systems and received a colourful USB hub. All in all, a win-win situation.

For lunch, I met up again with B-Mal and he introduced me to the wonderful world of SHAWARMA! Sha-sha-sha-sha-warma.

L1000552
Hot damn!

Hot was right. I got a sunburn on my arm after 30 minutes of sun exposure. Sheesh. I Brett adieu as the stinker was headed off to MB for the weekend and I would not see him again this trip. His loss.

After a taxi ride across the city and a dream ride in the Dynaride, I arrived at Sis’s apartment for laundry and re-packing for our next leg of the journey – Ban-fa-fa!

L1000553

L1000555
Ghosts of Olympics past.

After a stop at the gas and grocer, we were on our way, giggling with girlish glee. Sistre is always a riot.

L1000556

I scored a cheap room for us at the Juniper, just outside of downtown Banff. Sis thought it was the cutest thing ever; I, well, I just checked out of the Hyatt. But it was alright since we had our own beds.

L1000565

L1000562

L1000563

L1000564

Of course, after dropping our goods, we headed into the town to check out the non-existent scene – it was a Wednesday night in May, after all. But we were also in search of nourishment, and ended up at a place which would provide just that – a vegetarian bistro called “Nourish”.

L1000569

L1000572

L1000577

L1000588

This place was absolutely phenomenal. Oh my gosh – like, blow-your-mind flavours. Who knew vegetarian food was better than regular food? Well, maybe lots of vegetarians…but I am not one, nor will I be, unless I can eat this food everyday. Geeze. I’m dying.

After some more wandering around town and picking up some chocolate and other bad foods to munch at the hotel, we headed back. But first, I attempted a kidnap of this small friend:

L1000589
It didn’t work, but I bet he tasted bad though. He’s probably one of those things they make and then put on display for years. Ew.

We just chillaxed and watched ‘Talledega Nights’ on the tube. I ate some junk. Some more lazing occurred. Tomorrow we’ll do something useful and fun and adventurous, but for tonight, I’m done.

1 comments:

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

LOVE IT! i had a heartly giggle over the robe photo. nicely done!