Bowled Over

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

If any of you are familiar with accountancy, you understand that the main busy period (is not tax season; thanks world), but year-end. Year-end can happen at any point in the year (depends on the company) but guaranteed that when it does, it is hectic times for all parties involved. Ours is March 31, which means that the next two months are almost completely and utterly devoted to madness and when we emerge on the other end – which we always do, relatively unscathed – we celebrate. Last year we went to Tap-Ins in Chilliwack, and the year before that, golfing. Taking a break from the action of swinging clubs, this year we decided to throw balls. You’ll see.

It all starts with a lunch. This year we had BBQ. My department people make fun of me for taking food pictures, but seriously, I probably linger longer on food pictures than any other kind. Yes, I may have problems.

L1000818
The windy patio – the site of this years’ lunch.

L1000819

L1000820

I was asked to supply the music and I immediately became apprehensive – eeek! How can I know what people want to listen to? I kind of just plunked it on the little mini player and let someone else decide. My poor little ancient iPod.

L1000821

L1000822
Ha ha, Regina hates getting her picture taken.

L1000823
Okay now, (vegetarians aside) who doesn’t want to eat this? Like, yum.

L1000824
Conveniently, (or inconveniently, when she doesn’t do my filing) I get to work with my sister.

Part 2 of the extravaganza was at Galaxy Bowl – the sweetest bowling alley of my life. No word of a lie, I was so thrilled by their sweet bowling shoes.

L1000825

L1000827
How are these not rad? I mean, !! Of course, it didn’t hurt that they matched with what I was wearing.

L1000829
It’s like I’ve traveled back in time to 1987. Analog is underrated.

L1000830

L1000831

So, as it turns out, I’m really good at bowling when I turn around and shoot it from under my legs. Like, strike central up in here. So I bowled a whole round that way. I just may bowl that way forever.

I also never knew that the ladies in my department could get so wild. Or me, from playing bowling. It was like the apocalypse. (I think I say that a lot…)

So fun! I think I’m going to join a bowling league.

0 comments: