(Day 8) Deluxe Dining

>> Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sister makes a killer smoothie. Literally, it just might kill you if you consume three massive cups full of the stuff. But it was so good! This is my portion:

L1000723

After another trip to Holt Renfrew last night and this morning, I finally got all my shoes business sorted out and am the proud owner of a pair of slick-looking (literally, the are patent) flats. You’ll see me trotting around in those soon if you haven’t already. But this isn’t the point of today. No, Sistre and I are just chillaxing and checking out the Calgary Saturday scene. When lunch rolled around, I was craving ramen, so Sistre was a good sport and off to Shikiji we ran.

L1000727

We hit up the Camera Store, Market Mall, and Costco before dinner, which was at the illustrious, hugely classy, Olive Garden. Don’t get me wrong, I love Olive Garden. But Calgary’s was so…ghetto-ish.

L1000728
Whatevs, those breadsticks are worth the wait.

Since I was still reeling from the bad cake last night, Sistre decided she would make me a proper red velvet cake – you know, the ones from a mix and then adding a s-load of other stuff. We had a gay old time watching SNL that night and stuffing our faces with the stuff. Still wasn’t the same, but it sure was soft and tasty…which is more that I can say from last nights’ blasphemy.

The next day we kept it really low-key. I was glued to a TV broadcast of the “First Wives Club” and then we headed to a diner – Diner Deluxe – for lunch.

L1000729

L1000730

The emo waitress there thought Sis and I were so adorable. That’s always nice to hear.

L1000731

After a brief panic-attack, I realized that I had actually an hour less to get to the airport than I had previously thought. Apparently accountants can’t count? That sucks. I made it though I kind of felt like barfing from all that…great. But it was a fun trip and I am looking forward to heading back there – I’m sure Calgary is waiting…?

L1000733

AND THERE IS A BABY WAITING FOR ME IN BC! CONGRATS TO GRANT AND RACHEL!!

0 comments: